Suvarnabhumi » Fewer Suvarnabhumi glitches on 2nd day of operationsSunday, July 20th, 2008
Problems occurring on the second day of regular operations of Bangkok’s new Suvarnabhumi Airport lessened following Thursday’s disturbance caused by long delays in collecting passenger baggage during the official inauguration of the new facility.
Chotisak Asapaviriya, President of Airports of Thailand Plc (AoT), said services to passengers Thursday night and early Friday morning had significantly improved even though there were larger numbers of passengers on both inbound and outbound flights at the airport.
He said AoT and Thai Airways International staff remained on duty overnight to ensure smooth service operations for passengers.
The check-in and conveyor service systems had returned to function properly.
However, AoT executives expected to continue to closely monitor operations for at least two weeks to make sure that all systems function efficiently.
Regarding the long delays in supplying passenger baggage, Mr. Chotisak said he had discussed and worked together with THAI president Apinan Sumanaseni all along.
So far, THAI had solved any malfunctions. Both organisations would cooperate in taking care of passengers, he said.
Mr. Apinan said THAI apologised to all passengers for any inconvenience that had occurred. It would take responsibility for mistakes which led to a delay in supplying passenger baggage on Thursday.
Staff concerned in the conveyor service system had been replaced, he said, adding that he believed problems would ease upon closer coordination.
Overall services provided to passengers on 2nd night went smoothly with check-in and conveyor service systems functioning properly despite a crowd of passengers.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Thailand’s New International Airport
- PM Satisfies the Authorities’s Performance on Suppressing Narcotics
- First flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand
- Focus on Safety and Security at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport set to open on Sept 28, ( Thailand )
- THAI Air to Migrate to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tours of new Suvarnabhumi Airport terminals end Aug 15, 2006
- Budget airlines submit flight plans Aug 17, 2006
- Affirms readiness of Suvarnabhumi Airport by Transport Minister
- THAI Air downgrades security vigilance for domestic & international flights
- Suvarnabhumi Airport State Agencies affirmed system readiness
- PM eases Suvarnabhumi move timetable
- Security system & staff set ready for Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Decorating the gateway to Southeast Asia
- New Airport fees for Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Attractions around Suvarnabhumi Airport Prepared for Tourists
- Moving to Suvarnabhumi
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Opens
- Trial for International Flights completed successfully
- Air traffic system in Suvarnabhumi Airport in place
- No Ceremonies for Don Muang close
- Train connecting new international airport with central Bangkok to open next year
- Non-aviation services could make more revenue for AoT
- Sept 7, Check-in system at Suvarnabhumi Airport Testing
- Transport Minister to take ambassadors tour Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Nok Air starts early at new airport but opts out on big day
- Land price rises near Suvarnabhumi
- DCAP Confident Suvarnabhumi Airport will have Power
- Customs inspections speedy service at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- AOT seeks more foreign-denominated income
- Thai Airways, American Express contract with UN agencies
- Bangkok Airways early move to Suvarnabhumi, September 21, 2006
- Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring Suvarnabhumi
- 46 Diplomats confident in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s capability
- CNN – New era for air travel
- “Suvarnabhumi Cash Card” to make traveling easier
- Suvarnabhumi Airport boosts investment
- Private sector confident Suvarnabhumi’s cargo hub potential
- Don Muang To Become Maintenance Hub
- Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accolades
- Jetstar to Land at Suvarnabhumi Airport Friday, September 15, 2006
- JAL to add flight after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- Thai Air starting first flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport today
- Thailand’s visa-free entry rules tighten
- Passengers on first commercial flights satisfied with Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport completely prepared for 28 Sept. 2006
- Energy consumption to jump after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- No problem with holes in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s roof
- Bangkok Airways starts at Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 21, 2006
- Suvarnabhumi Airport opens on schedule