Suvarnabhumi » Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring SuvarnabhumiSunday, July 20th, 2008
More jobs and higher salaries for local people is raising living standards in communities near Bangkok’s new Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Household incomes are rising due to job opportunities at the new airport, despite whatever downside might be present in living near the airport.
Vichian Nokyu, a Pracha Ruamjai community leader in Lad Krabang district, said many members of his community will be able to afford better lives for their families with hundreds of new job openings at
the new airport.
Pracha Ruamjai is 3.5 km to the north of Suvarnabhumi Airport and is home to about 1,500 people.
Vichian said at least 30 community members are already working at the new airport, most of them maids, but many have applied and are awaiting recruitment.
Atcharaporn Dilokphutthamongkhol, a Wat Pholmanee resident, is already employed by New Inter Company Ltd., working as a maid in a Thai Airways International hangar and earning about Bt 5,000 a month.
Nittaya Namcharoensombat, a Wat Pholmanee community leader in Ladkrabang district, said officials have contacted her regarding numerous vacancies at Suvarnabhumi Airport. She has already relayed the message to her community of about 2,000 people.
Based on government statistics, the average income in these districts is between Bt3,200 and Bt4,000 a month. (TNA)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Thailand’s New International Airport
- PM Satisfies the Authorities’s Performance on Suppressing Narcotics
- First flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand
- Focus on Safety and Security at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport set to open on Sept 28, ( Thailand )
- THAI Air to Migrate to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tours of new Suvarnabhumi Airport terminals end Aug 15, 2006
- Budget airlines submit flight plans Aug 17, 2006
- Affirms readiness of Suvarnabhumi Airport by Transport Minister
- THAI Air downgrades security vigilance for domestic & international flights
- Suvarnabhumi Airport State Agencies affirmed system readiness
- PM eases Suvarnabhumi move timetable
- Security system & staff set ready for Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Decorating the gateway to Southeast Asia
- New Airport fees for Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Attractions around Suvarnabhumi Airport Prepared for Tourists
- Moving to Suvarnabhumi
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Opens
- Trial for International Flights completed successfully
- Air traffic system in Suvarnabhumi Airport in place
- No Ceremonies for Don Muang close
- Train connecting new international airport with central Bangkok to open next year
- Non-aviation services could make more revenue for AoT
- Sept 7, Check-in system at Suvarnabhumi Airport Testing
- Transport Minister to take ambassadors tour Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Nok Air starts early at new airport but opts out on big day
- Land price rises near Suvarnabhumi
- DCAP Confident Suvarnabhumi Airport will have Power
- Customs inspections speedy service at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- AOT seeks more foreign-denominated income
- Thai Airways, American Express contract with UN agencies
- Bangkok Airways early move to Suvarnabhumi, September 21, 2006
- Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring Suvarnabhumi
- 46 Diplomats confident in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s capability
- CNN – New era for air travel
- “Suvarnabhumi Cash Card” to make traveling easier
- Suvarnabhumi Airport boosts investment
- Private sector confident Suvarnabhumi’s cargo hub potential
- Don Muang To Become Maintenance Hub
- Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accolades
- Jetstar to Land at Suvarnabhumi Airport Friday, September 15, 2006
- JAL to add flight after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- Thai Air starting first flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport today
- Thailand’s visa-free entry rules tighten
- Passengers on first commercial flights satisfied with Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport completely prepared for 28 Sept. 2006
- Energy consumption to jump after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- No problem with holes in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s roof
- Bangkok Airways starts at Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 21, 2006
- Suvarnabhumi Airport opens on schedule