Suvarnabhumi » Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accoladesSunday, July 20th, 2008
Within the next two years, the government plans to make Suvarnabhumi Airport, which opens later this month, the best airport in the world.
Deputy Prime Minister and Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said Wednesday that the airport meets multiple international standards and criteria, including modern administrative and security systems, and ample duty free.
His statements were made while presiding over the opening of both the Suvarnabhumi Airport Media Centre and the International Broadcasting Centre at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel.
He also emphasised that tourism will improve following the airport’s opening on September 28.
“Suvarnabhumi Airport is the right answer to promote Thailand as the regional centre, especially for tourism. The National Economic and Social Development Board predict annual revenue generated by tourism will total one trillion baht within five years,” said Suriya.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is a new chapter in Asian and global aviation, according to the deputy PM, because it confirms Thailand’s potential to become a regional hub.
“It is one of the most modern airports in the world with multiple distinctive features, including beautiful architecture and a great location. It will serve as a centre for connecting flights to different parts of the world. In short, it is ready to be both passenger and cargo hub,” said Suriya.
He added that the media centre is crucial for disseminating information about the airport and reinforcing it readiness after a 40-year wait, 21 governments and 14 prime ministers. (TNA)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Thailand’s New International Airport
- PM Satisfies the Authorities’s Performance on Suppressing Narcotics
- First flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand
- Focus on Safety and Security at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport set to open on Sept 28, ( Thailand )
- THAI Air to Migrate to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tours of new Suvarnabhumi Airport terminals end Aug 15, 2006
- Budget airlines submit flight plans Aug 17, 2006
- Affirms readiness of Suvarnabhumi Airport by Transport Minister
- THAI Air downgrades security vigilance for domestic & international flights
- Suvarnabhumi Airport State Agencies affirmed system readiness
- PM eases Suvarnabhumi move timetable
- Security system & staff set ready for Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Decorating the gateway to Southeast Asia
- New Airport fees for Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Attractions around Suvarnabhumi Airport Prepared for Tourists
- Moving to Suvarnabhumi
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Opens
- Trial for International Flights completed successfully
- Air traffic system in Suvarnabhumi Airport in place
- No Ceremonies for Don Muang close
- Train connecting new international airport with central Bangkok to open next year
- Non-aviation services could make more revenue for AoT
- Sept 7, Check-in system at Suvarnabhumi Airport Testing
- Transport Minister to take ambassadors tour Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Nok Air starts early at new airport but opts out on big day
- Land price rises near Suvarnabhumi
- DCAP Confident Suvarnabhumi Airport will have Power
- Customs inspections speedy service at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- AOT seeks more foreign-denominated income
- Thai Airways, American Express contract with UN agencies
- Bangkok Airways early move to Suvarnabhumi, September 21, 2006
- Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring Suvarnabhumi
- 46 Diplomats confident in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s capability
- CNN – New era for air travel
- “Suvarnabhumi Cash Card” to make traveling easier
- Suvarnabhumi Airport boosts investment
- Private sector confident Suvarnabhumi’s cargo hub potential
- Don Muang To Become Maintenance Hub
- Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accolades
- Jetstar to Land at Suvarnabhumi Airport Friday, September 15, 2006
- JAL to add flight after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- Thai Air starting first flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport today
- Thailand’s visa-free entry rules tighten
- Passengers on first commercial flights satisfied with Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport completely prepared for 28 Sept. 2006
- Energy consumption to jump after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- No problem with holes in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s roof
- Bangkok Airways starts at Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 21, 2006
- Suvarnabhumi Airport opens on schedule