Suvarnabhumi Suvarnabhumi Investment
The Bt10-billion site is located in the airport’s northeastern corner, close to the transportation terminal and some petrol stations.
Construction is expected to start early next year on the 300-room hotel and the exhibition hall next to it, said Narongchai Tanadchang-saeng, deputy general manager for business development.
The retail area will consist of local-product shops, restaurants, spa and massage facilities and a food court. A golf course is also on the drawing board.
The consortium contracted to build the 30 billion baht Suvarnabhumi airport railway link has written to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) asking for a deadline extension of 652 days. However, a construction supervision consultant for the project has suggested that the extension of the construction deadline should not exceed 398 days, according to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) source.
The B. Grimm consortium says it needs the extra time to complete the project. The consortium includes Sino-Thai Engineering & Construction and Siemens. The source said the consortium has written to the SRT asking for an extension of 652 days, based on the delay in the handover of land.
Military-installed cabinet accepted the Interior Ministry’s request to withdraw the draft bill on the proposed establishment of a special administrative zone around Suvarnabhumi airport from scrutiny by the Council of State.
The move comes because it was the Thaksin government-initiated project and was blasted in a series of recent polls conducted by the military installed’s ministry.
Deputy military’s government spokeswoman Netpreeya Chumchaiyo said the request was accepted after the ministry forwarded the findings and recommendations of a series of surveys on the draft bill.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Thailand’s New International Airport
- PM Satisfies the Authorities’s Performance on Suppressing Narcotics
- First flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand
- Focus on Safety and Security at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport set to open on Sept 28, ( Thailand )
- THAI Air to Migrate to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tours of new Suvarnabhumi Airport terminals end Aug 15, 2006
- Budget airlines submit flight plans Aug 17, 2006
- Affirms readiness of Suvarnabhumi Airport by Transport Minister
- THAI Air downgrades security vigilance for domestic & international flights
- Suvarnabhumi Airport State Agencies affirmed system readiness
- PM eases Suvarnabhumi move timetable
- Security system & staff set ready for Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Decorating the gateway to Southeast Asia
- New Airport fees for Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Attractions around Suvarnabhumi Airport Prepared for Tourists
- Moving to Suvarnabhumi
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Opens
- Trial for International Flights completed successfully
- Air traffic system in Suvarnabhumi Airport in place
- No Ceremonies for Don Muang close
- Train connecting new international airport with central Bangkok to open next year
- Non-aviation services could make more revenue for AoT
- Sept 7, Check-in system at Suvarnabhumi Airport Testing
- Transport Minister to take ambassadors tour Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Nok Air starts early at new airport but opts out on big day
- Land price rises near Suvarnabhumi
- DCAP Confident Suvarnabhumi Airport will have Power
- Customs inspections speedy service at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- AOT seeks more foreign-denominated income
- Thai Airways, American Express contract with UN agencies
- Bangkok Airways early move to Suvarnabhumi, September 21, 2006
- Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring Suvarnabhumi
- 46 Diplomats confident in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s capability
- CNN – New era for air travel
- “Suvarnabhumi Cash Card” to make traveling easier
- Suvarnabhumi Airport boosts investment
- Private sector confident Suvarnabhumi’s cargo hub potential
- Don Muang To Become Maintenance Hub
- Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accolades
- Jetstar to Land at Suvarnabhumi Airport Friday, September 15, 2006
- JAL to add flight after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- Thai Air starting first flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport today
- Thailand’s visa-free entry rules tighten
- Passengers on first commercial flights satisfied with Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport completely prepared for 28 Sept. 2006
- Energy consumption to jump after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- No problem with holes in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s roof
- Bangkok Airways starts at Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 21, 2006
- Suvarnabhumi Airport opens on schedule