Suvarnabhumi Airports Competition
- Airport operations at Suvarnabhumi International Airport are scheduled to resume full operation at 11.00 hrs on 5 December 2008 (Bangkok time).
- Following the re-opening of Suvarnabhumi International Airport on 5 December 2008, remaining tourists/travellers are advised to contact airline Reservation Centres directly by telephone or e-mail to re-confirm their intention to travel in accordance with standard airline procedures for flight reservations requests.
- Full airport operations will resume following a re-certification of the airport in accordance with internationally-recognized standards and guidelines established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), an agency of the United Nations.
Suvarnabhumi Airport could become a formidable competitor to the award winning Changi Airport, according to the Singapore airport’s managing director Foo Sek Min.
He said Bangkok’s new international airport was a “100 per cent improvement” on Don Muang, despite the many hitches since it opened on September 28.
Foo warned, however, that Suvarnabhumi should be aware of its costs spiralling, put up better signs and improve its baggage-handling system.
He said Changi – regarded as the world’s best airport – was confident in its strategy of having three main terminals plus one low-cost terminal, instead of having one mega-terminal like Suvarnabhumi.
CNA Singapore News Analysis: - With the opening of Bangkok’s new Suvarnabhumi Airport on Sept 28, the race to develop airport cities takes a critical step forward.
In no other part of the world is the competition more intense than this region. While Singapore Changi Airport frequently tops the list for efficiency, its closest rivals, which include Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) at Chep Lap Kok besides Suvarnabhumi, boast room for expansion that would be hard to come by for Changi in the new strategy.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Thailand’s New International Airport
- PM Satisfies the Authorities’s Performance on Suppressing Narcotics
- First flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand
- Focus on Safety and Security at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport set to open on Sept 28, ( Thailand )
- THAI Air to Migrate to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Tours of new Suvarnabhumi Airport terminals end Aug 15, 2006
- Budget airlines submit flight plans Aug 17, 2006
- Affirms readiness of Suvarnabhumi Airport by Transport Minister
- THAI Air downgrades security vigilance for domestic & international flights
- Suvarnabhumi Airport State Agencies affirmed system readiness
- PM eases Suvarnabhumi move timetable
- Security system & staff set ready for Suvarnabhumi international airport
- Decorating the gateway to Southeast Asia
- New Airport fees for Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Attractions around Suvarnabhumi Airport Prepared for Tourists
- Moving to Suvarnabhumi
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Opens
- Trial for International Flights completed successfully
- Air traffic system in Suvarnabhumi Airport in place
- No Ceremonies for Don Muang close
- Train connecting new international airport with central Bangkok to open next year
- Non-aviation services could make more revenue for AoT
- Sept 7, Check-in system at Suvarnabhumi Airport Testing
- Transport Minister to take ambassadors tour Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Nok Air starts early at new airport but opts out on big day
- Land price rises near Suvarnabhumi
- DCAP Confident Suvarnabhumi Airport will have Power
- Customs inspections speedy service at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- AOT seeks more foreign-denominated income
- Thai Airways, American Express contract with UN agencies
- Bangkok Airways early move to Suvarnabhumi, September 21, 2006
- Jobs accelerating in communities neighbouring Suvarnabhumi
- 46 Diplomats confident in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s capability
- CNN – New era for air travel
- “Suvarnabhumi Cash Card” to make traveling easier
- Suvarnabhumi Airport boosts investment
- Private sector confident Suvarnabhumi’s cargo hub potential
- Don Muang To Become Maintenance Hub
- Suvarnabhumi Airport aims for global accolades
- Jetstar to Land at Suvarnabhumi Airport Friday, September 15, 2006
- JAL to add flight after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- Thai Air starting first flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport today
- Thailand’s visa-free entry rules tighten
- Passengers on first commercial flights satisfied with Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport completely prepared for 28 Sept. 2006
- Energy consumption to jump after Suvarnabhumi Airport opens
- No problem with holes in Suvarnabhumi Airport’s roof
- Bangkok Airways starts at Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 21, 2006
- Suvarnabhumi Airport opens on schedule